Wooly Wonder Forums  
WW Home WW Store Freebies/Tutorials WW Gallery WW Membership Advertising Mommy Chats WW Boutique

Go Back   Wooly Wonder Forums > administrivia... > The Membership Committee
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

ReplyPost New Thread

Old 10-21-2006, 05:03 PM   #1
pmcgary
Mod McGary
USM Queen
Fluffo's Fiancée

Rep Power: 324pmcgary has a reputation beyond reputepmcgary has a reputation beyond reputepmcgary has a reputation beyond reputepmcgary has a reputation beyond reputepmcgary has a reputation beyond reputepmcgary has a reputation beyond reputepmcgary has a reputation beyond reputepmcgary has a reputation beyond reputepmcgary has a reputation beyond reputepmcgary has a reputation beyond reputepmcgary has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Yahoo to pmcgary
Default Ideas for 2006 membership drive...

I started a thread earlier for folks interested in being on the committee....

It was suggested that a second thread be started for ideas......

I think probably the first order of business will be to actually set a date for this thing - it generally runs for one week in Nov.

Put your money where your mouse is has been part of the theme....

I have reviewed the ideas from last year -- and am looking at what needs to be done..(looks like maybe I will need to figure out spreadsheet to keep all the information organized....goody goody)

Here is my idea for a theme......"The Backyarnigans" (of course only people with young kids will 'get' it)

Fire aways with all ideas - sometimes an idea that seems lamo (like mine) will spur someone else to come up with a great idea!

-theme
-business partners (those WAHMs who offer discounts to our members)
-prize donors (drawings for our new and renewing members) (These do not have to be WAHMs)

Oh anything else you think of ....

"Knitting is learnt by doing, not by thinking, and it is far better understood with the fingers than with the head."
Montse Stanley Creating & Knitting Your Own Designs For a Perfect Fit

Critical Thought....The other national deficit.
pmcgary is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2006, 09:16 PM   #2
dandelions2
Fluffo's Friend

Rep Power: 223dandelions2 has a reputation beyond reputedandelions2 has a reputation beyond reputedandelions2 has a reputation beyond reputedandelions2 has a reputation beyond reputedandelions2 has a reputation beyond reputedandelions2 has a reputation beyond reputedandelions2 has a reputation beyond reputedandelions2 has a reputation beyond reputedandelions2 has a reputation beyond reputedandelions2 has a reputation beyond reputedandelions2 has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Yahoo to dandelions2

I can donate a few patterns for a drawing and I'll keep my discount going for members.
Old 10-22-2006, 07:15 AM   #3
pmcgary
Mod McGary
USM Queen
Fluffo's Fiancée

Rep Power: 324pmcgary has a reputation beyond reputepmcgary has a reputation beyond reputepmcgary has a reputation beyond reputepmcgary has a reputation beyond reputepmcgary has a reputation beyond reputepmcgary has a reputation beyond reputepmcgary has a reputation beyond reputepmcgary has a reputation beyond reputepmcgary has a reputation beyond reputepmcgary has a reputation beyond reputepmcgary has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by dandelions2 View Post
I can donate a few patterns for a drawing and I'll keep my discount going for members.
Thanks Patti- I will probably be sending you a letter when I get that going ---and start a data base...I am afraid if all donors start posting here I will lose some valuable information.....

"Knitting is learnt by doing, not by thinking, and it is far better understood with the fingers than with the head."

Old 10-22-2006, 09:08 AM   #4
dandelions2
Fluffo's Friend

Rep Power: 223dandelions2 has a reputation beyond reputedandelions2 has a reputation beyond reputedandelions2 has a reputation beyond reputedandelions2 has a reputation beyond reputedandelions2 has a reputation beyond reputedandelions2 has a reputation beyond reputedandelions2 has a reputation beyond reputedandelions2 has a reputation beyond reputedandelions2 has a reputation beyond reputedandelions2 has a reputation beyond reputedandelions2 has a reputation beyond repute

Sounds good.
Old 10-23-2006, 03:52 PM   #5
ShellBelle76

Rep Power: 61ShellBelle76 has a reputation beyond reputeShellBelle76 has a reputation beyond reputeShellBelle76 has a reputation beyond reputeShellBelle76 has a reputation beyond reputeShellBelle76 has a reputation beyond reputeShellBelle76 has a reputation beyond reputeShellBelle76 has a reputation beyond reputeShellBelle76 has a reputation beyond reputeShellBelle76 has a reputation beyond reputeShellBelle76 has a reputation beyond reputeShellBelle76 has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to ShellBelle76

spreadsheet? did someone say spreadsheet?

PamM - are you particularly passionate about spreadsheets? because if not, I'm happy to assist you in keeping track of details (spreadsheet with donors & discounts, who is offering what for prizes, etc)... Julie (pb_and_j) can vouch for me. I'm a details geek. I heart spreadsheets in a major way.

In other news, this non-wahm is also happy to knit something for a prize. If I figure out this dyeing thing - and if any of my wool is prize-worthy - I'll donate that to the cause as well.

I have no ideas when it comes to a theme because I wasn't around for last year's membership drive... Not exactly sure how the theme comes into play. Does it affect the prizes we offer? Or just the advertising we do on other boards?
Old 10-23-2006, 05:02 PM   #6
pmcgary
Mod McGary
USM Queen
Fluffo's Fiancée

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShellBelle76 View Post
spreadsheet? did someone say spreadsheet?

PamM - are you particularly passionate about spreadsheets? because if not, I'm happy to assist you in keeping track of details (spreadsheet with donors & discounts, who is offering what for prizes, etc)... Julie (pb_and_j) can vouch for me. I'm a details geek. I heart spreadsheets in a major way.

In other news, this non-wahm is also happy to knit something for a prize. If I figure out this dyeing thing - and if any of my wool is prize-worthy - I'll donate that to the cause as well.

I have no ideas when it comes to a theme because I wasn't around for last year's membership drive... Not exactly sure how the theme comes into play. Does it affect the prizes we offer? Or just the advertising we do on other boards?
I am not at all passionate about spreadsheets. I fear I may be beginning to learn about them though....

You are welcome to donate something...Generally what is done is pamelamama takes the list of all the renewing and new members and does a drawing for all the various prized that get donated. (The first year I won the lifetime membership! I signed my brother up last year - and won nothing...but that is okay)

The theme is just something we tried to do to catch people's attention in teh banner adverstising....I think we pretty much stuck to basics last year....'put your money where your mouse is'....And we have those banners to use again...So we probably won't make major theme changes unless someone comes up with a really brilliant idea.

Oh and in case people are wondering ...Pamelamama and I have emailed back and forth a few times and agreed on the last week of Nov. (the week after thanksgiving) as the best time to do it.

I may pm you when I get to the point of doing a spreadsheet....

I really need to sit down tonight and make a really big to do list for myself---so then I can ask for specific help where needed.....(We need to keep track of whom we solicit, who responds with donations, who becomes/continues as a business partner, and new/renewing members {I don't know if I will be the one adding those people to the database here or not--If I am that will be something new I need to learn})

Old 10-30-2006, 04:16 PM   #7
ShellBelle76

Rep Power: 61ShellBelle76 has a reputation beyond reputeShellBelle76 has a reputation beyond reputeShellBelle76 has a reputation beyond reputeShellBelle76 has a reputation beyond reputeShellBelle76 has a reputation beyond reputeShellBelle76 has a reputation beyond reputeShellBelle76 has a reputation beyond reputeShellBelle76 has a reputation beyond reputeShellBelle76 has a reputation beyond reputeShellBelle76 has a reputation beyond reputeShellBelle76 has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to ShellBelle76

We still shooting for the last week of November, PamM?

I want to focus a lot of my energy towards FAA - this week, in particular, as the fundraising for The Professor will go from 11/3 to 11/12...

I can still help with the membership drive. Just tell me what needs to be done.
Old 10-30-2006, 04:40 PM   #8
pmcgary
Mod McGary
USM Queen
Fluffo's Fiancée

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShellBelle76 View Post
We still shooting for the last week of November, PamM?

I want to focus a lot of my energy towards FAA - this week, in particular, as the fundraising for The Professor will go from 11/3 to 11/12...

I can still help with the membership drive. Just tell me what needs to be done.
Well at this point it will be the last week. (I am guessing it will run from the Friday after T-giving until the following Friday) I am waiting for the spreadsheets from Mamapez - to have the contacts from last year.....

Then I will be looking for new businesses to solicit and then we should be in pretty good shape....need to get banners up different places......and I suspect MAmapez has a spreadsheet with that information too.

Old 10-30-2006, 10:34 PM   #9
CraftyMommaOf2
Mod Mama and Avenger Queen!

Rep Power: 77CraftyMommaOf2 has much to be proud ofCraftyMommaOf2 has much to be proud ofCraftyMommaOf2 has much to be proud ofCraftyMommaOf2 has much to be proud ofCraftyMommaOf2 has much to be proud ofCraftyMommaOf2 has much to be proud ofCraftyMommaOf2 has much to be proud ofCraftyMommaOf2 has much to be proud ofCraftyMommaOf2 has much to be proud ofCraftyMommaOf2 has much to be proud of
Send a message via AIM to CraftyMommaOf2 Send a message via Yahoo to CraftyMommaOf2

once the theme is a definate, i'll get on banners if you like.
Old 11-04-2006, 03:34 PM   #10
pmcgary
Mod McGary
USM Queen
Fluffo's Fiancée

This message contains a listing of all the current business partners (folks who are giving a discount/special deal to WW memebers)

Please look over the list...Help me to update if any of these businesses don't exist any longer AND let me know any new businesses to contact.

I will be drafting up the letter to send out to these folks to solicit them for this year.
Bailey's Britches and More
Blue Eyed Knits
Bum wrap
Bungalow buns
Cascade fiber arts
Crinkle bottoms
curly purly
dandelion dreamers
dashing dachs
davinawear
dodles jewels and doodles photography
full moon baby gear
holden'slanding/nautical knits
holden's landing/nauuticalknits on wahmtropolis
holden's landing on knitteds and fitteds
holy sheep yarns
indelible impresions
little turtle knits
nana's woolies
natural earth family farm and fiber studio
peachy cheeks
precious pants cloth diapers
The fabric farm
Sin on knits
snuggle bum slings
sweet pea soakers
seetknits
the knitty kitty
watersweb shops
where's waldorf
wonderful woolies

(sorry about no caps...I got tired of hitting shift with my bum pinky finger!)

Last edited by pmcgary; 11-04-2006 at 04:57 PM..
Old 11-04-2006, 03:41 PM   #11
dandelions2
Fluffo's Friend

you forgot me - i should be on that list.
Old 11-04-2006, 04:56 PM   #12
pmcgary
Mod McGary
USM Queen
Fluffo's Fiancée

Quote:
you forgot me - i should be on that list.
Hmm how did I miss you? Thanks for pointing it out....I will edit it now...

Old 11-04-2006, 11:44 PM   #13
pamelamama
Your Host

Rep Power: 231pamelamama has a reputation beyond reputepamelamama has a reputation beyond reputepamelamama has a reputation beyond reputepamelamama has a reputation beyond reputepamelamama has a reputation beyond reputepamelamama has a reputation beyond reputepamelamama has a reputation beyond reputepamelamama has a reputation beyond reputepamelamama has a reputation beyond reputepamelamama has a reputation beyond reputepamelamama has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to pamelamama Send a message via MSN to pamelamama

I think the letter we sent last year said something like, Unless you let us know otherwise, we'll plan to keep you on the list!

That way the default was staying on, and people didn't have to go to any trouble!

Thanks gals!

Pamela, mama to Sam and Eli, wife to Scott

blog | fiber arts avengers | wooly wonder soaker discussion forum | knit your own darn soakers | boutique

flickr | facebook | twitter | ravelry

knit your own darn soaker.
pamelamama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2006, 08:19 AM   #14
pmcgary
Mod McGary
USM Queen
Fluffo's Fiancée

Quote:
Originally Posted by pamelamama View Post
I think the letter we sent last year said something like, Unless you let us know otherwise, we'll plan to keep you on the list!

That way the default was staying on, and people didn't have to go to any trouble!

Thanks gals!
THat sounds great....Makes it easier on them too....

I am still waiting to get the spreadsheets and stuff from last year from Amy....

I really want to get moving today.....

I want to start seeing if we can get some prizes donated too....Sweeten the pot to get people to join......

Old 11-05-2006, 08:26 AM   #15
dandelions2
Fluffo's Friend

Amy is out of town for the weekend.
Old 11-05-2006, 09:13 AM   #16
pmcgary
Mod McGary
USM Queen
Fluffo's Fiancée

Quote:
Amy is out of town for the weekend.
Thanks for the info.
Guess that will limit some of what I can get done - not that I know what I would do with spreadsheets anyway.....

Old 11-08-2006, 04:59 PM   #17
Jessica36

Rep Power: 201Jessica36 has a reputation beyond reputeJessica36 has a reputation beyond reputeJessica36 has a reputation beyond reputeJessica36 has a reputation beyond reputeJessica36 has a reputation beyond reputeJessica36 has a reputation beyond reputeJessica36 has a reputation beyond reputeJessica36 has a reputation beyond reputeJessica36 has a reputation beyond reputeJessica36 has a reputation beyond reputeJessica36 has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Yahoo to Jessica36

I would like to offer 5% off all orders at Lavender Longies and More for the new membership time. This is on my Hyena cart AND my retail store.

Lavender Longies and More
, Ocean Blue Diapers See my Flickr!
Jessica36 is offline   Reply With Quote
ReplyPost New Thread